The American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), and members of AALL’s Private Law Librarians and Information Professionals section will be out in force at Legalweek NY 2019 for Knowledge Manager Day on Thursday, January 31. Eight law firm knowledge and research services directors are scheduled to present and will discuss how to encourage adoption of new tools and how knowledge management efforts can benefit clients through improved procedures and better information flows / targeted knowledge delivery.
FROM CONVERSATION TO CONVERSION: GETTING LAWYERS TO USE NEW TOOLS
Presented by AALL members:
- Cynthia Brown, Director of Research Services, Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Jean O’Grady, Senior Director of Research and Knowledge, DLA Piper LLP
- June Liebert, Firmwide Director of Library and Research Services, Sidley Austin LLP
- Cheryl Smith, Director of Information Services, O’Melveny & Myers LLP
Costs are exploding. Staffing is tight. Budgets need to be maintained. Whether you buy or build new legal knowledge and technology products, there is no guarantee of adoption. Email announcements remain unopened. The promise of food will not get associates to a conference room anymore. What is the answer? A panel of seasoned knowledge professionals will outline some of the techniques they use to drive, monitor, and assess adoption of new tools.
- Identify potential obstacles to new product adoption
- Discuss best practices in the selection of products or initiatives
- Discover strategies for driving adoption and communicating more effectively
- Utilize metrics to gauge success and identify potential learning opportunities
JOINING FORCES–CREATING CLIENT-CENTRIC KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
Presented by AALL members:
- Scott Bailey, Global Director of Research Services, Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP
- Marlene Gebauer, Director of Knowledge Solutions, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Steve Lastres, Director of Knowledge Management Services, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Saskia Mehlhorn, US Director, Knowledge Services, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Knowledge management (KM) has made its way into law firms and proven to be imperative to achieve efficiency and integrate workflows. Now more and more law firms are working to bring the KM processes and tools they developed in front of their clients, creating and adding value to key relationships. Join for a panel discussion that will provide a succinct overview of KM in law firms and present examples of such collaborative efforts ranging from improved procedures to bespoke client portals.
- Gain a greater understanding of KM initiatives in law firms
- Explore opportunities to deepen existing client relationships through KM engagement
- Meet leaders engaged in collaborative projects and share guidance
|WHAT:||AALL Legalweek New York 2019|
|WHEN:||Knowledge Manager Day, January 31|
|WHERE:||New York Hilton Midtown|
Register today and join us as we celebrate the legal information professionals who help law firms win and keep the business of law moving forward.